FRACTION EU-project is organizing the Young Scientist workshop on 18th Oct at 13-15 CET in Teams.
The aim of the workshop is to provide young scientists with an opportunity to present their research, and through discussion, to identify gaps in research needed for moving the bioeconomy forward. The workshop provides a great opportunity for young scientists to extend their European network.
The FRACTION project aims to develop a catalytic pathway to valorize lignocellulosic biomasses from forests and agriculture to produce green chemicals that can be used for the building sector, paper and cardboard, bioplastics, paints, adhesives and, other fine chemicals.
At the workshop we will focus on lignocellulosic biomasses; processes for treating and valorizing biomasses; increasing TRL; shaping value chains; and other related topics. We are looking for young scientists who are interested in sharing their research and contribute to an open discussion about gaps in research. The outcome of the workshop will be used for a policy brief.
- 13:00-13.10 CET Welcome and introduction to the workshop and FRACTION project
- 13.10-14.40 CET Young scientists presenting
- Researchers present their research and explain how it contributes to moving the European bioeconomy forward.
- Short Q&A after each presentation – focus on gaps in research
- 14.40-14.55 CET Open discussion about research gaps for moving the bioeconomy forward
- 14.55-15.00 CET Wrap-up
Attendees will receive a short summary of the presented projects after the workshop.
Please let us know by 22 Sept whether you or your colleague would like to take part to this workshop and what would be the topic of your presentation. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Tiina Witikkala, CLIC and Karen Hamann, IFAU