Welcome to 3rd FRACTION roundtable
on 24th Oct at 13.00-16.00 in Helsinki and Teams
The Roundtable is organized as part of the EU-BBI funded project FRACTION. The aim of the project is to develop a catalytic pathway to valorize biomasses from forests and agriculture to produce compounds that can be used for construction materials, paper and cardboard, and fine chemicals including food ingredients. The purpose of the international Roundtable is to encourage discussions and knowledge sharing about bioeconomy, connecting research with industry, promote innovation, and discuss pathways for enabling bioeconomy with a focus in Northern Europe.
The Roundtable will address woody biomasses, biorefining technologies and value chains. The outcomes of the discussions will support the exploitation work of FRACTION project and strengthen the network among stakeholders in the European bioeconomy. The Roundtable features short keynote presentations, each followed by a Q&A session to encourage an active discussion.
Time October 24, at 13.00-16.00 EEST
Venue Teollisuuskeskus Conference Center, Eteläranta 10, 00130 Helsinki, Finland and Teams
(Barrier free entrance to the building Unioninkatu 11, Helsinki)
12.00 – 13.00 Doors open and light lunch
13.00 – 14.00 (Opening the Teams for online attendees)
- Welcome to the Roundtable, Tiina Witikkala, CLIC Innovation, Finland, and Karen Hamann, IFAU Institute for Food Studies & Agro Industrial Development, Denmark
- Short presentation of FRACTION project, scope and expected outcome, Dr. Nicole Doelker, CSIC, Spain, coordination team of FRACTION project
- Keynote 1: Introduction to Forest Industry in Northern Europe, Katriina Valkeapää, Finnish Forest Industries Federation, Finland
- Keynote 2: Forest Based Industry Research, education and collaboration with companies, Prof. Tapani Vuorinen, Aalto University, Finland
14.00 – 14.20 Coffee break
14.20 – 16.00
- Keynote 3: Fortum Bio2X-program, Risto Sormunen, Head of Bio2X Project Development, Fortum Power and Heat Oy, Finland
- Keynote 4: Fibenol company and Sweetwoods project, Peep Pitk and Karl Peebo, Estonia
- Keynote 5: “Beyond Circularity”, Sampo Immonen, Director, Line R&D, Paper Mills business unit, Valmet, Finland
- Plenary discussion: How can we better connect R&I projects with industry to push bioeconomy forward? What needs to be done in a European perspective, national initiatives, or in specific value chains?
- Networking and cocktails in Eteläranta
Please enroll by 19 October via this link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/EP/9D5EC5B20B928394
For questions, please contact
- Tiina Witikkala, CLIC Innovation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Hamann, IFAU, email@example.com